Senior Construction Technician / KDOT Certified Inspector
About the job
As a Senior Construction Technician / KDOT Inspector you will perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified • procedures.
• Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
• Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
• Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the PM. Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
• Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration.
• Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
• Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work.
• Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
• Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
○ Occasionally sit;
○ Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
○ Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone;
○ Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds;
○ Occasionally travel; and
○ Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Field environment on project sites; and
• Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5 of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience. Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel
Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history
Ability to direct and supervise others technicians on project testing
Certifications in one or more of the following areas:
NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils.
NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical in one or more of the following categories:
Construction, Laboratory, Exploration, Generalist
ICC certification in one or more of the following categories: Reinforced Concrete, Spray
applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel -Bolting, Structural Steel -Welding.
American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Associate Welding Inspector (CAWI)
American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification in more than one of the following areas: Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
CFS Engineers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.