Project Engineer - Topeka
About the job
CFS Engineers is currently seeking candidates for a Project Engineer to join our Topeka, Kansas office team. The candidate will need their P.E. or an E.I. close to taking the exam and 5+ years experience. The candidate will need experience performing site planning, hydraulics, hydrology, plans/specs, construction methods, cost estimating, State and municipal permitting. Experience with public infrastructure projects would also be preferred. The candidate must demonstrate innovative thinking, personal initiative and the ability to work independently.
Roles / Responibilites:
• Project Inspections and site meetings
• Interacting with clients and professionally representing the firm
• Monitor/control active projects to ensure adherence to schedules and budgets
• Mentoring and directing staff on technical assignments, and reviewing technical work completed by others
• Be willing to travel to project locations typically within a 200-mile radius
• B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
• 5+ years of engineering experience
• Registered Professional Engineer preferred
• Strong organizational & communications skills
• Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D; Revit software is a plus
• Microstation software capabilities is a plus
• Excellent computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to work on projects from conceptual design through construction
• Outstanding written and verbal skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
About us: CFS Engineers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.