Geotechnical / Field Technician Intern
About the job
CFS Engineers offers subsurface exploration, field testing, laboratory testing and geotechnical engineering for a wide range of private and public projects that include: commercial, industrial, and public buildings; county and state bridges; city streets, county roadways, parking lots and airfield pavements; water storage and treatment facilities; cellular towers and other communication facilities; earthen dams, levees and lagoons; conventional, modular and tied back retaining walls; power generating and transmission facilities; as well as many other types of projects throughout Kansas and the surrounding states. CFS Engineers is looking for a qualified, motivated; customer focused Field Technician.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Soil Subgrade and Foundation Testing
• Asphalt Testing
• Concrete, Mortar, & Grout Testing
• Structural Masonry Testing
• Spray-Applied Fireproofing Testing
• Aggregate Testing
• Moisture-Density Relationship
• Job entails extensive walking over varying terrain, and in varying weather conditions, squatting and bending over as required • Testing of materials during construction
• Report results to project superintendent and CFS project manager
• Complete required paperwork and sketches.
• Read construction plans
• Follow job specifications
• Perform light manual labor. Follow all safety guidelines. Assist in training technician trainees and others.
• Technician is responsible for the proper operation, field maintenance, and security of all assigned equipment.
• Company provided materials testing equipment as needed
• Computers/Internet to complete Certification
• Must be able to make decisions based on the information and training provided
• Must enter construction sites and be able to respond to questions
• Must be a motivated self starter
• Must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds if required
• Experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Valid Driver's License
• Must have legible neat handwriting and be able to create or copy simple location sketches.
• Basic Construction Practice Knowledge
• Must be able to read, write and understand English
Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
Company provided on the job training.
CFS Engineers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.