Design Technician - Topeka
About the job
CFS Engineers is currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Engineering Design Technician to join our Topeka, Kansas office team. As a civil engineering technician with our firm, you will have the opportunity to bring your CAD skills and passion for design to bear, delivering state-of-the-art construction solutions to our clients. You will play an integral role in every phase of the design process from initial planning to project realization and utilize the latest drafting technology to bring customers’ visions to life. This position offers you the opportunity to work closely with our experienced team of licensed civil engineers and provides a varied work environment that allows you plenty of chances to get out of the office and into the field.
Roles / Responsibilities:
• Draft layouts of construction sites and plans in strict accordance with project specifications using CAD software under the supervision of a licensed civil engineer
• Interpret GPS data collected at project sites using GIS software, and translate information into AutoCAD drafts
• Oversees the design and detailing of systems.
• Reviews and analyzes the project documents, identifies drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
• Prepares quantity takeoffs and estimates, as required.
• Respond to public comments and concerns in a friendly, professional manner
• Support and communicate with engineers, project managers and other supervisors throughout all stages of the drafting, design and construction process
Proficiency with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
At least 5 years of relevant experience
High school diploma
Valid driver’s license
Familiarity with Bentley CAD and GIS software as well
Associate degree or equivalent technical certification
Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
About us: CFS Engineers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.