Bridge Engineer - Kansas City, Missouri
About the job
CFS Engineers, P.A. is looking for a qualified Bridge/Structural Engineer interested in leading bridge design tasks and projects for vehicular bridge and transportation projects. CFS offers the flexibility for the right candidate to be located in the Kansas City, Missouri office . The primary duties of this position include serving in a lead engineer role, including the planning, analysis, and design on bridge projects ranging from conventional to innovative bridge types. This includes performing structural design calculations, bridge design details and specifications development, as well as overseeing geometric layout. Tasks also include bridge quantity development, computing, design calculations, construction cost estimate development and other work products. Typical bridge projects include cast-in-place concrete bridges, precast concrete girder bridges (pre-stressed and/or post-tensioned) and steel plate or steel box girder bridges. Tasks also include field inspection and load rating of existing structures.
You must have strong technical skills in engineering analysis and design and have proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects. You will be involved in client communications, including client contact during design phases of bridge and transportation projects. You will often perform as a technical specialist or task manager on medium to large projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is Preferred
• 2-7 Years Structural Engineering Experience
• Proven hands on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects
• Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams is essential
• Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, RAM, ETABS, SAFE or similar analytical software
• Previous experience with an architectural/engineering consulting firm is preferred
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• PE in Missouri and/or Kansas
• 4+ Years structural engineering experience
• Missouri and Kansas DOT design experience
• Proficiency with structural analysis software (LARSA, SAP, etc), structural design software (LEAP products, BDS products, PCA Col, etc), MathCAD, and knowledge of MicroStation
Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
CFS Engineers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.